Anoka Tech Offers Precision Sheet Metal Classes
Monday, January 8, 2018
Anoka Technical College is offering winter and spring Precision Sheet Metal (PSM) classes from February 5 - March 28, or April 2 - June 6.
- For manufacturers, this is a great way to build skills for those employees without any formal fabrication training, plus it’s a great retention tool. The limit is 12 students per class.
- If you know anyone looking for a way to enter the world of metal fabrication and manufacturing, this is a great way. Individuals may be eligible for funding through the Anoka County Workforce Center.
The course will be comprised of 112 hours of both classroom and lab training and education. Students will spend approximately 30 hours on classroom learning about general and machine-specific safety processes, applied shop math, blueprint reading, materials, workflow, basic problem-solving, troubleshooting and basic tool maintenance. The balance of the course will be spent in the lab learning to safely operate the machines.
- Shop safety and tools
- Perform machine maintenance
- Set-up and operate machines
- Work area organization/flow
- Material types and safe handling of materials and parts
- Conceptualize 3-D prints to 2-D parts
- Practice the art of "guesstimating"
For more information, click here.